High Spirits Rum Distillers Yeast
High Spirits Rum Distillers Yeast is your best bet for molasses fermentation. Due to the osmotic pressure of molasses, this features a unique formulation of a specific yeast strain, vitamins, minerals and nutrients. As a result, it's not recommended to ferment above 12% when using diluted molasses. However, this extra boost of nutrients will ensure a complete fermentation with maximum rum character while reducing by-product or other off-flavors.
These come in packets of 76 grams, which is just enough for making 25 Liters or (6.5 Gallons). As with all High Spirits yeasts, this to is crafted using high quality ingredients and made in the USA. They're even Urea free and certified Kosher (Pareve) to top it all off.
High Spirits Rum Distillers Yeast Features:
- Made in USA
- 76 grams - makes 25 Liters (6.5 gallons)
- Urea Free
- Certified Kosher (Pareve)
- In an 8 gallon (30L) or larger fermenter, dilute molasses to a maximum specific gravity of 1.094 (potential alcohol of 12% abv).
- Once the mash is between 90F and 98F (32C-37C), add contents of package, stirring vigorously for 2 minutes or until contents are fully dissolved.
- Cover fermenter with a lid and airlock.
- Allow to ferment at 77-95F (25-35C) for 3-5 days, or until fermentation is complete.
Ingredients: Specially selected yeast, yeast nutrients (Ammonium Phosphate (dibasic), Magnesium sulfate), trace vitamins and minerals